LGBTI AGED CARE SECTOR TRAINING
A key objective of this training is to increase the number of aged care providers, facilities and stakeholders who are LGBTI aware, and to ensure they are resourced to incorporate LGBTI inclusive practices within their person-centered models of care.
The aim of the training project is to complete a national rollout of LGBTI awareness training to a broad range of aged care service providers and/or associated aged care staff.
Important information about this training
- This LGBTI Aged Care Sector training will increase awareness so that staff can provide leadership in LGBTI aware practices more broadly within their organisations. This is an effective way of providing professional development to all staff, particularly part-time and casual staff and support positive cultural shifts towards LGBTI clients.
- The training is provided within a three hour session conducted by TGV representatives, and booklet resources will be provided to each participant.
- A certificate of attendance will be awarded to each participant.
- 15-25 participants can be accommodated per training session.
- Training is available by arrangement in rural Victoria and metropolitan Melbourne.
Transgender Victoria is now available to discuss with aged care providers how we might assist these them to improve the quality of aged and community care for older LGBTI Victorians.
Mobile: 0404 480 416